Letters to my future self

20100908

7th Sep - inadequacies exposed

It's been a really daunting day one. Met with some members of her family, they were really friendly by the way, and had dinner with them. I kinda envied how closely knitted the family was actually, seems like everyone back home is too busy to sit down and have a proper conversation.

I think I flung the best friend test. I'm just too quiet, her best friend tried very hard to get me to speak more, but I find it difficult to conjure up anything on the spot, just a couple of really meek answers. I sat there looking rather helpless and she had to defend me for the later part of the evening, which was really painful to watch.

The bombshell was when the best friend asked "so what do you guys talk about normally?", it was followed by a moment of awkward silence. This is terrible, what exactly did she see in me?

-out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home