Letters to my future self

20100927

27th Sep - bumpy road

Been 2 weeks, starting on the 3rd, since I got back. Not everything has been smooth sailing. Got back again to card gaming, which is probably a horrendous decision, seeing that I'd previously laid rest that part of my life. What was worse is that I'd somehow managed to talk myself into buying a case of cards to turn over for profit. It didn't work out as well as I'd hoped. Not only are the rares not moving, I got scammed off the loot cards. Granted, I paid for these with my personal savings and not the money I'm setting aside every month, its still a huge amount and feeling the pinch nevertheless. Money aside, it's also taking up a lot of my time just to get everything sorted. There are piles and boxes of cards all over my room now, unsightly and annoying.

Speaking of savings, I've finally gotten around to starting a new bank account to set aside my money. A chat with Janus the other day revealed that I'm looking at start up costs at about 100k. Good lord, now when the hell am I going to be able to get started at this rate?

The plan to ship mooncakes didn't work. I bought the wrong kind of mooncakes anyway. Strangely enough, it did not occur to me that snowskin mooncakes need to be kept chilled until I got home. Needless to say, it probably won't survive the flight and not turn bad.

Here's hoping I don't add any more bad decisions to the trainwreck...

-out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home