Letters to my future self

20050218

Letters to my future self

17th feb - more random thoughts

-broadband plan upgraded to 1500. i dont really see the need for this upgrade, but i cant find anything to complain abt either. besides my brother can hook up to the router and stop tapping into other ppl's routers.

-computer looks horrible now. until i find a new place to reposition the router, it looks like a small monument with wires sticking out. my newfound temp solution to my hardware woes doesnt help either. my old cd rom now sits on top of my cpu, taking over the duties of my newer, yet malfunctioning combo drive. my hard disk drive is standing(really standing) outside my cpu, because i suspected that the power cable that it used to be connected to is faulty and the only other available one can only be accessed from its current position. if my cpu was a human body, the description for it would be "... with all its innards sticking out..."

-comp hit by a trojan. and the worse part is, it seemed to have left a backdoor that perpetually allows some keylogger program to install itself into my comp. attempts at cleaning it totally from my system has been a failure, it jus keeps returning. think i'll need to reformat my comp... again.... soon. sigh.

-registered for my basic theory today. the test date is on the 15th of apr. went with keng yin. little did we expect the nearest test date to be so far away. in the end he didnt register, cos he would have been enlisted by then. $11.25 for the whole process, pretty expensive, if u ask me. the pains of ownign a car in singapore is already beginning to show.

-went down to chk with apple corner today. stock's not in yet. the last time i chked, they told me estimated date is 17th. today when i went down, they wont even give me an estimate. darn. looks like i have to sloooowwwllllyyyy slooowwwwlyyyy wait. bleh.

-bought modern art today, a game that i played once when eugene brought it down. simple game, deep concepts. wished it was cheaper thou, i paid nearly $40 for a stack of cards, a cheapo looking bag of plastic chips, some cardboard and the rules, thats it. sometimes i wonder if i should stop doing this to myself, i'm like throwing money into a bottomless pit. my play group isnt big, in fact its damn tiny. even as i write now, its existance is waning. i really wonder say if 2 months from now, these boxes of cardboard and plastic will sit in my shelves, collecting dust, nv to be played again... forever...

-sometimes i feel damn tiny, either that or suddenly, the world feels like a very very big place to be in....

-out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home