Letters to my future self

20100930

30th Sep - new concept?

Maybe opening in town might not be such a far fetched idea after all. Probably need a simple setup thou, something less elaborate, exhibition booth kind of setup.

This probably reduces the cost on renovations, all we need is the equipment and a partition separating the front and the preparation area. The booth decoration will be simply digital print on canvas, plastered over the wall panels.

Something like KOI at Iluma. Speaking of which, I was told that KOI is actually 豆 written sideways, subtle, but very clever.

Probably going for a tropical theme, attempting a fusion of tropical fruits with the original idea under the '夏の夢' label, which translates roughly to summer's dream, the fact that its in kanji and doesn't trail too far from its chinese counterpart is a bonus.

Toning down the idea also means we can skip the elaborate costumes altogether, sticking with a simple beach wear style uniform, which will be appropriate too, since I suspect a setup like this will probably be outdoor.

The start up cost issue still bugs me. I'm pretty sure I can cough out 10 by the end of next year , but that won't leave me with much. As per most start ups, I probably won't expect to be able to start drawing money out from month 1, so I'm not entirely how long I can keep going. While I hope it won't happen, if we flop, I'll be in caught in a rather bleak looking situation.

I do hope to be able to settle down before I hit 30, but if that happens, then well, plans will have to be pushed back.

I really hope I'm not over thinking this. While I don't want to be making a hasty decision without proper planning, I don't want to be caught procrastinating to the point of dropping the idea entirely. We'll see. For now, 1 step at the time.

-out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home