Letters to my future self

20050809

Letters to my future self

8th aug - major annoyance

just came back from raffles city. there was a golden age event at mart. i brought my one and only golden age deck, the very same one i've been playing since marvel origins - the long.deck. still sore about not being able to play with the new teamup card, which means i'll have to stick with the ol' vulnerable marvel teamup.

game 1 i had to play ryan. GLEE, not a gd matchup. he's got breaking grounds and chopping blocks which can hurt quite badly if he times them well. and i have tiny robots that are as big as his g'nort bonus. brr. fortunately, he misses his 3 AND 4 drop, which makes it easy for me to keep my board presence. in addition, i get my favourite opening hand - school + longshot. aimed his 2 breaking grounds on my schools on 2 occasions, but as luck will have it, i drew into replacements soon enough. cyclops put on the pressure, kelly to burn for the win.

game 2 i get to play s.orry (titans). woopi-doo. longshot turns up on turn 3, a tad too late. struggled abit before those damn titans beat my face in.

game 3 i played bernie (manhunter emperor). i get the school, longshot opening. he accelerates my draw with gravesite. cyclops beatings + kelly burn wraps up the game fairly quickly.

game 4 is dave(new gods BH burn). his burn deck vs mine. school, longshot opening. somewhere during the 3rd turn i get global dominated. bah. cyclops piled up pressure, nightvision ensured that he had no tricks that i wasnt aware of, allowing me to play around dodges, insignificant threats. eventually he gets scarlet witch in play, but i'm ahead with enough life to burn then crowd control for the win.

game 5 was the most annoying. was up against mark liew (GLEE again. sigh). had the school, longshot opening. but the deck refused to cough up the nightvisions. hand size dwindled. had 2 of my MTU's blown away. cerebro's only half working. ultimate sacrifices offline. he didnt play vey well thou. still the game almost ended immediately when he play remoni-notra. he Ko'ed most of my non sentinel guys, leaving me with the robots and kelly. that gave me a lifeline. i recon'ed the longshot back. on the 1st activation, i realised that i've already gone through the deck once. after some quick math, i activated a 2nd time for wild and kelly. i missed. through nightvisions, i saw that my top card was kelly. ARGH. if i had cerebro'ed 1st then called, i would have hit. Nooo.... i had to chiu jian and call before that. if not i would have won. hitting that kelly would meat at least 2 more activations, since i have 1 more recon program in hand. then i can safely put everyone behind for the crowd control.

ARGH... MAJOR ANNOYANCE.

this deck shouldnt be played so often, its very... erh... sore throat inducing. heh. note to self: to bring a notepad if i decide to ever play this in a tournment again.

on other matters, i got a call from station today. apparently i'm registered as a diploma holder and my name came up in the recent promotion excerise. kao, not funny at all. brought my poly transcript down to clear up some misunderstandings. WAH LAU EH, if i ever have to go back for 4 month, i'll so freaking kill myself.

anyways, i'll be quite tied up this week. working on 2, 3, 5 and 6. no complains thou, more work = good.

-out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home