Letters to my future self

20050602

Letters to my future self

june 1st - oh crap

tsk, one of the silliest things possible in the world happened to me today. at noon, jus as my mum was going out to work, it rained. very heavily.

having no place at her workplace to dry a wet umbrella, my mum requested for me to shelter her to the LRT station which is no more then 5 mins away. she opened the door while i went to grab the umbrella and i closed the door aft me.

walked her to the station and headed back for home, preparing myself to go out.... until i reached the foot of my block.

wait a min... did i forget something?

hmm... ok. great. i think i forgot to bring my keys out.

ARH~~~!!!!!!

all i freaking have with me is a freaking umbrella!!!

OMG!!

i am soooo screwed.

sigh. lucky for me, my mum's workplace is still within walking distance, like say 15 mins walk away from my place. or rather 20+mins given the fact that the rain is heavy and i'm in slippers ( which barely have any friction on wet surfaces). ah dui~. have to walk in the rain....

ack.
at least my mum isnt working like in hougang or amk or anywhere far for that matter. if not i'll REALLY be screwed.

oh well... got the keys and an ezlink card from my mum so at least i didnt have to walk back.
on the lrt trip back, i did catch a very interesting 1-sided conversation btw a guy and a gal, both secondary skool chewren.

gal: arcade very fun meh?
guy: ...
gal: only childish ppl like arcade
guy: ...
gal: omg, i'm so mature~!
guy: ...

me: *facepalm*

went downtown today, cos i needed to help hairul run a tournment. its the 1st time i'm doing this for VS and man, was it tiring. back then when it was LOTR, being a TD was such a breeze, i almost had no problems with players. no cheating, no stalling. i could trust my players. for VS, its a whole different experiance. even prior to the event, i've had several ppl coming up to me and telling me to keep and eye on orry and during the event itself, i had to deal with countless games that ran into overtime. bah.

luckiy there werent any major issues that caused any upsets to the event itself. in fact, the turnout was quite fine.

the zero-stall deck seems to be a viable and fun deck to play, however there is a major flaw in the deck's strategies. unlike most stall decks, this one allows ur opponents to make atks freely. as a result it gives them more chance to 'ponder' over their atk options. having only 30 mins on the clock, its quite possible for them to get ahead of you on life totals and yet deny you of turns 8 or 9.

tourney stuffs aside, i had an interesting revelation today. that is, i can actually type without looking that the keyboard. while this shd nv be a problem with ppl who use the 10 finger typing style, i belong to the grp off ppl who use only 2-3 (or 4 if u consider the thumb on the space bar) fingers when typing. i've actually been using this style of typing for so long, i subconsciously know where the keys are *shudders*

ok, better catch some sleep. back to work tomorrow.
as a matter of fact, i have to report to the academy tomorrow for my AACT, which i didnt go. apparently its compulsary, not becos its impt for me. but they need my attendance for statistical purposes. well done, i say.

-out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home