Letters to my future self

20050516

Letters to my future self

15th may - ack

sigh, boomba at the pcq again today. i swear the mantis program doesnt like me lor, my tiebreakers for both t1 and t2 are insane. from positions 1st to 9th, 5 of them are my opponents, which is utter nonsense, why does everyone get to kio all the free frags and i have to be the one to wade thru all the pros (to make things worse, i had to play with uber annoying ppl like bert and anthony *pulls hair*). life is unfair. and i had a lousy deck to begin with. ack ack.

bert was annoying the hell out of me, his play style was not only slow, it was also damn gu niang. several times in our game, i really wanted to ask him if he left his balls at home.... brr... i mean... walls with defense pumps, wtf, really... and to think i lost. i'm an E-diot.

anthony was no better. our game was so lop sided it wasnt even funny at all lor. on turn 8, he had nothing on the board aft his atk, but our life totals are -24 (me) to 15(him). even if i send all my guys in for the direct atk, i'll still lose. ANNOYING, I TELL YOU.

ended up 10th place, leading the pack of 4 wins by quite a big difference in tie breakers. my last game was with hairul actually. we made a quick calculation and decided that there was no way a 4 wins would make it in, unless wenhan loses to some kuku. so basically we played it out and aft wenhan won, i was distracted for awhile by orry and suddenly i went to recount the number of 5 wins and above. for some strange reason, this time round i saw that it was possible for a 4 wins to get in. so i 'conceded' to hairul, then again he was punching my face in aft i missed my 1-3 drops.

right aft our game, we realised that not only was my most recent calculations wrong, anthony had annoyingly lost his last game and as a result, there are 9 persons with 5 wins and above. ok, so there no chance in hell that i'll make the cut. when they announced the top 8, we realised that hairul too missed the cut. argh. if hairul had conceded to me, tim would be the one missing the cut. double argh.

pfft.

i would like to think of it as a really bad day, however these bad days are happening abit too often then i'm hoping they would. i mean look at the top 8, i'm quite sure i'm better players then like at least a couple of them. i dont think i'm suffering from a streak of bad luck, must be something else. now all i need to do is find out wads this... 'something else'

ok, end of my monthly post pcq ramblings.
bah
-out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home