Letters to my future self

20050418

Letters to my future self

17th apr - yet another top 8

made top 8 again today, thou its probably the worse way ever possible.

i started the round with a bye, so it basically equates to a free win. won the next 2 games. lost the game jus b4 lunch to orry. ack.

back from lunch, i lost a game to chapman cos the idiot made a mistake and i didnt capitalise on it.

won the next game, then it came to the decisive 7th game. whether i make top 8 anot depends on whether i win this one. win this and i'm a sure in. if not i'll have to compare tiebreakers. my opponent turns out to be jon koe, who is already a confirm in.

he proposes to concede to me, however he wishes to buy the TTG promo from me that is give out to the top 8. not wishing to qoute him a price i propose to trade it for 2 of his wild sentinels. he rejected, saying it was too high for him and he's willing to part with at most 1 of them and... say 10 bucks, which i think is a bad deal. we proceeded to play the game.

i would have won the game easily when i recruited dr strange on 7 with init and he missing his 7. instead some random judge had to walk pass and pt out to us that strange has loyalty and thus i couldnt recruit him. be to fair none of us noticed it. that utterly screwed up my turn 7 as i had to play a couple of small drops to fill up the void left by the 7 drop. wads worse was that i has chosen to KO punisher with titanium blade (and a relevant powerup in hand) over blackheart the recovery phase the turn b4. i'm so kicking myself in the nuts.

ack, needless to say i threw that game away. jus before we signed the result slip, he made 1 last offer. my TTG for his wild sentinel, 1 for 1. *sigh* i took his offer, since that would put me in top 8 with at least 6 packs and... the wild sentinel instead of missing top 8 and getting like 2 packs.

that was not that result i was hoping for and i wont even have to get to this stage if i havent made so many blatant play errors in my earlier swiss rounds, esp against orry and chapman.

my top 8 draft deck was actually gd. but i had to bump into jon koe yet again and got beaten to pulp by his amazing hand and me missing drops, despite have a very gd curve of chars and even 2 fixers. i'm sorely disappointed.

this shdnt end this way. *sigh*
-out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home