Letters to my future self

20060509

Letters to my future self

9th May - panic attack!

Goodness, the past week was a absolute mess. i somehow managed to scare myself into thinking that i NEEDED to vote, or get fined, which was not true. overseas voting isnt compulsary, however if u do not turn up for voting, your name will be removed from the registry of voters (which means u wont be allowed to vote in the future), unless u get ur name restored, it costs $5 to do so unless u have a valid reason (overseas studies is considered to be a valid reason)

last friday i had an assignment that was due on that day itself at 5pm, i officially started typing out the assignment on thursday night. to be fair, i didnt exactly only start doing the assignment entirely on thursday, i had been thinking abt it, i knew what i was going to write... so its only doing the research and getting my ideas down on paper.

something happened however that nearly spoilt all my plans and made me jump around in panic - i locked myself out of my room. how? i was heading to the library jus b4 dinner time to get my research done, so i thought "travel light, all i need is a file, thumbdrive and ... a pen." i grabbed those, locked my door and went out. as soon as i stepped out.... "ay... wait a min... where are my keys?" *frozen* *panic* *jumps around*

NOOOOOO!!! OMFG!!! I LEFT MY KEYS IN MY ROOM!!!

that was sososososososo STUPID, who the fark leaves his own keys in his rooms and locks it??? ARGHHHHH!!!!

wait... maybe got chance... hostel manager shd have a master key...
/proceed to hostel manager's officer
/ring doorbell
/wait
/wait
/wait
/ring doorbell again
/wait
/wait
/wait
/frozen
/panic
/jumps around

NOOOOO!! not around... chum chum... 20 hrs left on the clock until the deadline and this nonsense happens.... GG ah koon.

i didnt even dare leave the complex on the minute chance that none of my roommates are coming back for the night, totally locking me out of the complex, shd i proceed with my plan and go to the library for my research.

i went to prepare an early dinner and was forced to watch tv, as there was nothing at all i could do, i was essentially stuck in the living room.

a gd 2.5 hrs went by..... then one of my roommates came back, we tried to use his keys on my room (didnt work), toyed with the idea of clmbing thru the window (didnt work either) *sigh*

then we decided to go back to the manager's office... wait a min... the lights are on!
/ring doorbell
/door opens
*WOOT*

heh, it was quite embarassing to have to describe that i actually locked myself in.... ker noob.
and she did scare me for awhile, the 1st 2 keys that she tried on my door wont open it, luckily she managed to find one that eventually did.

managed to get the assignment done on that night *phew*

some good news, my phone is back in working condition again, i was mentioning the problem to my dad the other day and he said "the charger is damaged" i was like... "eh? how come u so sure?" i didnt voice it out thou, but apparently he went to get a 2nd hand charger and mailed it to me, got it in my mailbox today. turns out my old charger really wasnt working. oh wow, i didnt know my dad knew so much abt handphones *heh*

alright, back to prepare my next assignment *sigh*
-out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home