Letters to my future self

20060213

Letters to my future self

13th feb - settling in

ok, i've been here for almost a week. weather here is sooo hot. the winds are strong, but so is the sun. my god, i even has skin peeling off me a day from my 1st shopping trip. i full expect to be alot darker when i ret to sg at the end of the yr.

during this week, i made 3 trips, 2 to habourtown, which is the nearest place to buy groceries and 1 trip to southport, to get a bank acct/buy food.

that 20-25 min walk to habourtown was in reality abt 30-35 mins away. on my 1st trip there, i made the biggest mistake ever of bringing a sling bag with me. oh boy. on my way back, i had 1 plastic bag in each hand, and abt another 2kg worth of stuff in my sling back. by the time i got back, i got a pretty bad abrasion on my shoulder caused by the bag strap. ><"

the following that, i chked out southport on the next day. definately much bigger then habourtown, i had to walk to school and take a bus there. $2.10 aus for a 10min ride ><".
dropped off, got the banking stuff settled. shopped for more food.

on the following day went to school for some orientation briefing, its then that i recieved my enrolment package.

the weekend was spent in my room, wowing away. guild made a huge progress by downing the 1st 3 bosses in our 1st attempt at MC.

had my 1st decent meal for the 1st time today, a meal that came with rice, vegs and meat. all the while i was jus surviving on biscuits, rice, chicken, maggi mee, eggs. my choice of food serverely lacked variety. so in todays trip, i made it a pt to buy add veggies to my list. (for once i actually have to draw up a list before i leave home, cos if i forget anything, its another 1hr worth of walking, or i can only get in during the next trip).

interesting pt of note seems to be how beef is cheaper then chicken here and how chicken wing/drumbsticks cost abt 3 times less then the chicken breast or fillets. wierd, in sg, it seems to be the reverse.

had my 1st experince of culture shock on sunday night, aft a late night wowing session. it was 3am and i tucked myself into bed. i heard some noises coming from outside my room, jus right outside my window. initially i thought it ws some cat or dog or something, so i ignored it. then it continued, so i got curious cos aft a while it didnt really sound like a cat nor dog, so i was wondering wad kind of wildlife (or thing) it is, making that noise. i got the shock of my life....

theres a couple right outside my window making out. -_-"

truly... WHAT THE FUCK.... -_-"

right outside my window, in the back street of my hostel. *rolls eyes*
tucked myself to bed, went back to sleep. this trip to australia has only jus begun.....

-out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home