Letters to my future self

20061103

Letters to my future self

3rd oct - ZOMG!! A MOUSE!!

scene of crime: kitchen - common area
evidence: droppings, size waaaay to big for common house lizards, spotted on various locations in the room, on tables, stove.

... and so last night, halfway thru revision, i decided to come out of my room to grab a snack from the fridge. stepping out of my room, i caught a fast moving shadow across the room and very quickly out of sight. wondering if i've caught my culprit, i tried to look for it, scanned the floor under the couches. nothing. kicked the couches, hoping that it would come out. nothing.

"maybe i could have saw it wrongly?"
/grab snack
/return to room.

fast forward to today...
its after dinner and i'm doing my dishes. jus as i'm returning a plate to the rack, the same shadow appears. except, this time, its no more then 2 metres from me and i'm positive i'm staring at a running mouse. it isnt too big, kinda like the regular hamster size, but still spine tingling, nevertheless. anyways, it disappeared from sight again.

/return to room
/msn roommate
me: we have a mouse in the living room
him: ...
him: where
me: i saw it run, but i cant find it
him: is it out?
him: i scare lol
him: big or small
me: its definately still in the room somewhere
me: small
him: ok
him: leave it ? ><
me: well, i cant even find it...

at this point, i opened my door and walked out to the living room, behind me, his door opens... and he peeks out.
and so... the 2 of us decides to do something about it.
after some random guesswork at the mouse's possible location, we decided to move the couches and see if we find holes anywhere and thats what we did.

/pull couch away from wall.
almost immediately, the small shadow appears again.
...follow by a scream coming from behind me -_-" **ker coward leh**
the small shape disappeared under another row of couches.
as i approached the couches to pull them away from the wall again...

"QUICK QUICK, OPEN THE DOOR 1ST!!"
/open door
/pull couch

there was no reaction for abt 2 seconds. i was about to peer over the couch when....
the mouse appeared on the arm rest of the couch, which totally takes me by surprise and. i jumped backwards, followed by a scream from behind... again.

its then, the mouse decided that it didnt wan to be sharing the same roof as 2 grown men, jumping, hopping around in their living room screaming, and ran out of the unit.

the door was quickly closed... in case it changed its mind.
quite... exciting... i mus say, heh.

-out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home